Term Physical Education Officer II
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council(VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Student Development Discipline (Ref : O/SDDO/Term_PEO2/09/18)
Major Duties :
To (a) perform teaching and related academic / administrative duties for the Physical Education (PE) modules of the Structured Whole Person Development (SWPD) Programme, PE core programmes and the sports training activities; (b) support implementation and coordination of student projects and functions; (c) organize sports recreation activities; (d) act as Coach of Sports Teams and serve in various boards / committees / work groups as required; and (e) liaise with counterparts in VTC campuses, student unions, departments and external organizations for PE programmes and sports events.
(a) A recognized degree in Physical Education / Sports / Sports Science or a relevant discipline with teaching practicum in school setting or equivalent; (b) The ability to coach at least 2 sports; (c) Good presentation, communication, teaching and facilitation skills; (d) Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, preferably with knowledge in Putonghua; and (e) Community networking / linkage with professional bodies is an advantage.
- The appointee may be required to work irregular hours.
- Applicants should state clearly which sport(s) they have taught / coached in the application.
- In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
- Application forms [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)] are available from: (i) G/F., VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong; or (ii) the website http://www.vtc.edu.hk/html/en/career.html
- A completed application form, together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to Officer, Student Development Discipline Office, Room 201, Area 92, Yiu On Estate, Ma On Shan, New Territories.
Closing date for application : 28 September 2018
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.