Term Student Counsellor
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council(VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Student Development Discipline (Ref.: O/SDDO/Term_SC/07/18)
Major Duties :
To (a) provide guidance and individual counselling services to students; (b) plan, design, organize and evaluate student developmental programmes; (c) provide career programmes and liaise with prospective employers to enhance students' work preparedness;(d) provide training and professional consultation to student organizations;(e) assist in matters related to student finance and other administrative work; (f) support Structured Whole Person Development Programme, Discipline-wide projects, and strategic initiatives of the Vocational Training Council; (g) assist in the development and review of the quality assurance policies of the Student Development Office; and (h) serve in various boards / committees and other academic / management committees and work groups as required.
(a) A recognized degree in Social Work or a relevant discipline, and registered under the Social Workers Registration Ordinance Chapter 505; (b) At least 3 years' relevant experience in the provision of student services in education sector and/or youth work in social work setting; (c) Substantial experience in personal / career counselling to the youth, organizing youth activities and developmental programmes; (d) Experience in working with youth-at-risk and students with special educational needs will be an advantage; (e) A high level of written and spoken language proficiency in both English and Chinese; and (f) Good interpersonal, planning and problem solving skills, and able to work under pressure and dynamic environment.
- The post is in the rank of "Student Affairs Officer".
- Successful candidates are required to perform duties outside normal office hours.
- In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
- Application forms [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)] are available from : (i) G/F., VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong; or (ii) the website http://www.vtc.edu.hk/html/en/career.html
- A completed application form, together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Officer, Student Development Discipline Office, Room 201, Area 92, Yiu On Estate, Ma On Shan, New Territories. Please specify on the envelope the reference of the post being applied for.
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.