The Hong Kong Down Syndrome Association is a recognized charitable organization established in 1987. The primary aim of the Association is to promote the welfare and to improve the quality of lives of people with Down Syndrome and other disabilities and their families. We provide a wide range of services including parents support, vocational training and advocate on behalf of our service users. We also educate the public to understand and accept people with disability and assist them to integrate in the society.
Job ref : ASWO-PRC
Entrance Requirement :
- A recognized bachelor degree in social work and registered Social Worker.
- 2 years working experience in the field of rehabilitation service for people with special needs and their family is preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken Cantonese, English and Putonghua.
- Self-motivated, mature and work independent, good at communication, organizational and administrative skills.
- To support the pregnant women / families with newborn babies with Down syndrome and members of the Parent Resource Centre;
- To organise early children education training, development groups and community education programs;
- To render casework management, counselling service, therapeutic groups and handle enquiries.
Salary & Benefits :
We offer 5-day workweek (duty rotation on Saturday or Sunday is required), competitive remuneration package including medical insurance.
Interested person please send a cover letter together with a detailed resume by post to the Administrative Officer, The Hong Kong Down Syndrome Association, 103-106, G/F., Wing Shui House, Lek Yuen Estate, Shatin, NT with job reference no. marked on the envelope or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 02 August 2018.
Please note The Hong Kong Down Syndrome Association reserves the right not to fill the post or fill the post by invitation. Recruitment process will continue until the post is filled.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check operated by the Hong Kong Police Force.