Programme Manager - Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
Established in Hong Kong in May 2001, Partnerships for Community Development (PCD) is a community development organisation that works in mainland China and Hong Kong for the promotion of sustainable living. We are looking for a committed and innovative programme person to join our Programme Team. Position are based in HK (2-year renewable contract).
PCD is committed to working with communities to explore ways of leading a dignified and sustainable life in harmony with others and with nature. PCD adopts the approaches of cultural reflection, nurturing community facilitators, and building networks and platforms in its work in the promotion of sustainable living in mainland China and Hong Kong. We provide funding support and facilitate training and network development to a wide range of community organisations and platforms that aim to connect community actions with an expanding network to promote sustainable living.
The Programme Manager - Monitoring and Evaluation (PM - M&E) is a Hong Kong based position and is primarily responsible for programme enhancement and support in PCD. The PM - M&E is responsible to develop and maintain a programme M&E system that echoes with the organisation's core values, mission, theory of change and programme principles. S/he is responsible to facilitate the building of internal capacity to manage and conduct programme M&E activities. The PM will also coordinate and implement M&E activities, and facilitate effective sharing of information within the organisation. S/he will also facilitate periodic programme reviews and contribute to documentation of PCD's programme experience for internal learning and external communication. S/he will also contribute to the overall development of PCD's organisational knowledge. The PM should be prepared for frequent travels to mainland China and occasionally to SE Asia Region.
- At least 5 years' experience in implementing, planning and management of M&E activities for development programmes, preferably in the areas of participatory community development (both rural and urban), holistic education, biological and cultural diversity, and sustainable living.
- Have good knowledge and critical perspective on topics related to social transformation, environment and sustainable development, grassroots activism and sustainable living.
- Ability to think strategically and systematically, and have experience in programme development and strategic planning.
- Have good knowledge, attitude and skills in facilitating workshops and self-learning at personal, team and organisational level.
- Have rich experience in working with people and groups from diverse socio-cultural background, different learning pattern and ability.
- Open-minded, visionary, self-reflective, creative, humble and have trust in self-agency and the self-learning ability in each individual.
- Strong ability in synthesising information, articulate and good presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua).
Interested candidates should send CV with position applied, expected salary and a short essay on "The Role of Programme M&E for Learning, Empowerment and Social Change" (「為學習、賦權和社會改變而為的項目監測與評估」) (in Chinese, around 2-3 pages) and your relevant experience and reasons for interest to email@example.com
PCD ( http://pcd.org.hk ) is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for application : 7 February 2022
Interview : 15-18 February 2022
Applicants not invited for interview by 20 February 2022 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.