Established in 1979, Chung Ying Theatre Company ("Chung Ying") is one of the flagship performing companies financially supported by the HKSAR and a Venue Partner of Kwai Tsing Theatre. Chung Ying, being one of the first local theatre companies introducing "Theatre-in-Education" to Hong Kong, is dedicated to promote dramatic arts and pay special effort on educational and outreach programmes. The Board of Directors is now looking for a high caliber General Manager who will lead the Company with passion and dedication.
The Position :
Being the administrative chief of the Company, the General Manager is to
- Report directly to the Board of Directors
- Work side by side with the Artistic Director
- Plan for development and funding application as well as implement the policies and objectives of the Company
- Direct and supervise the administration, finance and personnel issues of the Company
- Execute and supervise the communications, programmes and fund raising issues of the Company
The Person :
The General Manager should
- Have keen enthusiasm for the performing arts
- Have relevant training and working experiences in managing non-profit organisations, but that of managing a sizable performing arts organisation would be preferred
- Have relevant tertiary education background in performing arts and at least 10 years experience at senior management level
- be effective in organisational and financial management issues and in interpersonal communications
- be fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese, including Cantonese and Putonghua
Salary and Benefits :
Salary shall commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Fringe benefits include annual leave, maternity leave, medical insurance, and MPF.
Interested parties please send application letter together with full CV (in both Chinese and English) on or before 21st December 2018 to the following address :
Mr Ching Cheung Ying
Chung Ying Theatre Company
G/F, 10 Borrett Road, Hong Kong
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Applicants who are not invited for interview by 11th January 2019 may consider their application unsuccessful.
Enquires Tel : 3961 9835
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.