Education Officer (EO)
The Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China (PFA) is a voluntary and non-profit-making organization. We are committed to education and promotion of health, physical fitness and wellness, and composed of nearly 2,000 members who are actively involved in professional services and community programmes relating to health and fitness. We are seeking suitable candidate to join our team.
PFA offers certifications at different levels, conducts continuing education programmes, and organizes professional training and development activities for members and the general public. Reporting to Executive Director, the appointee will
- take part in the teaching duties in relation to PFA's educational programmes;
- provide secretarial support to the Training & Education Committee;
- coordinate various types of courses, workshops, seminars and learning activities;
- liaise with external parties, e.g. tertiary institutes and governmental agencies, on training and education collaborations;
- manage, implement and evaluate the process of professional examination;
- provide academic and professional consultations in relation to health and fitness areas;
- develop online learning support resources;
- supervise administrative staff members to complete job duties, and
- perform job duties assigned by Executive Director and members of the Executive Committee.
Qualifications and Required Attributes :
- Academic degree : Master's degree majoring in exercise science, physical education, sports medicine, sports and recreational management or related streams;
- Professional qualification(s) : Certified fitness professional (preferably with credential recognized by PFA or American College of Sports Medicine);
- Working experience : At least three-year experience in relevant position (preferably with teaching and research experience in tertiary education institutes);
- Proficiency in written and spoken Chinese and English;
- Fluency in Putonghua will be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a service-oriented mindset; Strong commitment and dedication to the assigned duties;
- Strong experience in using social media and online communication platforms;
- Willingness to work outdoors and with flexible hours;
- Excellent proficiency in computer skills, e.g. Words, Excel, SSPS and Powerpoint.
Closing Date for Application : 21 September 2018
Please send cover letter and C.V. (please state your current and expected salaries in your application) to the Executive Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail (Address : Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China, 17/F, Cheuk Nang Centre, 9-11 Hillwood Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon). Please mark "Application of Education Officer" in the heading of email / on envelop. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to have interviews.
All applications will be handled confidentially. Personal information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only and destroyed 3 months after the recruitment. Further information about PFA is available at the website http://www.hkpfa.org.hk