Remarkable Careers at The Hong Kong Jockey Club
Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society. The Club has a unique integrated business model, comprising racing and racecourse entertainment, a membership club, responsible sports wagering and lottery, and charities and community contribution. Through this model, the Club generates economic and social value for the community and supports the Government in combatting illegal gambling. In 2017/18, the Club made a record return to the Government of HK$22.6 billion in duty and profits tax and contributed HK$1.2 billion to the Lotteries Fund. Approved charity donations were HK$4.2 billion. The Club is Hong Kong's largest single taxpayer and one of the city's major employers. Its Charities Trust is also one of the world's top ten charity donors. The Club is always "riding high together for a better future" with the people of Hong Kong.
Ref : 20002659
The Department :
Our Racing Laboratory Department in Sha Tin undertakes various types of research and testing on horses and riders to identify the use of prohibited substances or prohibited methods. It plays an essential role in doping control to ensure the fairness and integrity of racing and other equine sports, and is a leading laboratory in the field of equine drug testing.
The Job :
You will :
- plan and conduct analyses of biological samples to identify the presence of prohibited substances or biomarkers
- devise and implement quality assurance measures to ensure the reliability of test results
- research and develop new methods to analyse drugs
- train and supervise a team of laboratory chemical analysts to assist you in your work
About you :
You should have:
- a Master degree or above in Chemistry or equivalent
- excellent communication skills in English and Chinese
- good management and leadership skills
- preferably with good working knowledge in mass spectrometry
- experience in drug residue analyses will be beneficial
Terms of Employment :
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date :
Closing date for applications is 25 April 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply :
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to the Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 8/F Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or fax to (852) 2966 6984.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.