Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society. The Club has a unique integrated business model, comprising racing and racecourse entertainment, a membership club, responsible sports wagering and lottery, and charities and community contribution. Through this model, the Club generates economic and social value for the community and supports the Government in combatting illegal gambling. In 2017/18, the Club made a record return to the Government of HK$22.6 billion in duty and profits tax and contributed HK$1.2 billion to the Lotteries Fund. Approved charity donations were HK$4.2 billion. The Club is Hong Kong's largest single taxpayer and one of the city's major employers. Its Charities Trust is also one of the world's top ten charity donors. The Club is always "riding high together for a better future" with the people of Hong Kong.
Ref : 20001691
The Department :
Our Racing Laboratory Department in Sha Tin undertakes various types of research and testing on horses and riders to identify the use of prohibited substances or prohibited methods. It plays an essential role in doping control to ensure the fairness and integrity of racing and other equine sports, and is a leading laboratory in the field of equine drug testing.
The Job :
- work with a team of biochemist, chemists and chemical analysts to analyse specimens for the presence of prohibited substances or biomarkers
- analyse big data generated from different omics techniques, including transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics, to enable biomarkers screening
- assess data quality by using relevant bioinformatics tools and communicate with the team to optimise data acquisition and experimental design
- perform regular maintenance of data servers
- contribute to conducting research and development work and implementing quality assurance measures
About you :
You should have
- a degree in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics/Computational Biology/Computer Science or a related discipline
- experience in next-generation sequencing data processing, scripting languages including R/Python/Perl, and operation in Linux/Unix environment
- good communication skills in English and Chinese
- strong sense of responsibility and good organisational skills
- preferably hands-on experience on population statistics
Terms of Employment :
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date :
Closing date for applications is 23 September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply :
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job references to :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : +852 2966-6984
Human Resources Department
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
8/F Central Complex
Sha Tin Racecourse
New Territories, Hong Kong
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.