The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries (BMCPC) is an independent statutory body under the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries Ordinance (Cap. 1112). BMCPC provides different kinds of burial lot, niche and ash scattering services on a non-profit making basis for persons of the Chinese race permanently resident in Hong Kong and their relatives, and is responsible for the administration, management, maintenance and development of its four Chinese permanent cemeteries which are located at Aberdeen, Tsuen Wan, Chai Wan and Junk Bay. BMCPC may donate its surplus to any charity operating for the benefit of the community of Hong Kong.
BMCPC has received the 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 Good MPF Employer Awards granted by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority.
Applicants are invited for appointment of the above post of BMCPC.
- Salary ranges from $20,060 to $23,970 (exclusive of gratuity). The offer will commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and working experience.
Entry Requirements :
- Certificate holder in building studies, civil or construction engineering from a Hong Kong polytechnic / polytechnic university or Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education / technical college / technical institute, or equivalent; or satisfactory completion of a recognized technician apprenticeship in the field of building studies, civil or construction engineering.
- Grade E / Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) / English Language in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) or the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent.
- Received safety training recognized by the Commissioner for Labour and hold a valid Green Card or equivalent.
- Preferably with at least 6 years of relevant working experience. Candidates with less experience may also be considered.
The appointee will be deployed to undertake various duties, including :
- handling works orders, inspection of works, site measurement of works, completion records and payments etc. for Term Maintenance Contract and Term Grave Digging Contract;
- assisting the supervisor to implement proactive / preventive maintenance works;
- site co-ordination with Operation Team and Works Contractors; and
- supervision, inspection and reporting of the progress of capital and maintenance works.
Terms of Appointment :
The successful applicant will initially be offered a 1-year contract, after which a contract of a longer term may be considered. Upon satisfactory completion of the full contract period with consistently high standard of performance, the appointee will be granted a gratuity for the period of service. Such gratuity, plus any contribution by the Employer to the MPF scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Scheme Ordinance, will be equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
How to apply :
Applicants should submit a completed BMCPC's Job Application Form to the Human Resources Unit, The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries, 34/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong (please quote the post applied on the envelope) or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via confidential fax no. 2146 3946 on or before 11 October 2017. If applications are late or incomplete, or not made in the prescribed form, such applications will NOT be considered.
Job application form is available at BMCPC's website http://www.bmcpc.org.hk/tc/about/career/index.html or is obtainable from the Human Resources Unit at Wu Chung House. Applicants who are not invited for interview 12 weeks after the application deadline may consider their application unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call 3719 7999.
All senders are required to ensure that their posted mail items are affixed with sufficient postage. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not reach us and will be handled by the Hongkong Post in accordance with the Post Office Ordinance.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Personal data provided will only be used for recruitment purposes and personal data of unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within 24 months after completion of the recruitment exercise.