Website : http://www.wjcs.org.hk
Founded in 1979, Wai Ji Christian Service ("WJCS") is a government-subvented non-governmental organization ("NGO") providing a range of rehabilitative and care services mainly for people with disability to help them develop their potential and integrate into the community. WJCS currently runs 23 service units including rehabilitative centres, hostels, workshops and day activity centres; and a social enterprise known as Wai Ji Hong Yip. Opportunity is now open to suitable candidates with solid and extensive experience in corporate administration and service management for this challenging post as Head of the organization.
Job Ref : CE/HO/201709/2M
The position & Job Scope :
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive is charged with the overall management responsibilities of the organization encompassing strategic planning, service development, resources management, administration and stakeholder management. With the support of more than 540 multi-disciplinary staff members, the appointee will be required to oversee all aspects of the services, administration, financial and human resources management, in particular :
- To provide professional advice and support to the Board in strategic planning and execute the directives of the Board and various Committees and Task Forces;
- To take the leading role in the development and provision of quality service to the service users; set management role model, motivate and engage functional leaders in various service teams to attain the defined organizational goals;
- To oversee the management of various organizational supporting functions in finance, HR, IT and administration; effectively direct and manage financial and manpower resources to support service development and provision;
- To provide advice and guidance for the corporate communication heads in setting effective strategy of fundraising and community / parents networking;
- To spearhead, provide advice to the design and implementation of various organizational effectiveness programs to suitably revise current HR & financial policies and operation guidelines so as to promote corporate governance and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Board from time to time.
The applicants should possess :
- A bachelor degree in social work, social science or other relevant disciplines;
- Registration of Social Worker;
- Very good English and Chinese language skills and ability to deliver accurate and persuasive verbal presentation and written proposal;
- Proven track record of no less than 20 years of relevant service management experience with solid corporate administration skills, of which at least 10 years taking senior posts at corporate level in an NGO of similar size;
- Superb Leadership with strong sense of responsibility, reliably able to develop and motivate a cohesive work team to drive results;
- Competency to approach complicated issues with an analytical mind and sound judgment to tackle management problems.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested parties should send a cover letter together with a detailed resume to the Chairman, Board of Directors, Wai Ji Christian Service, by confidential mail with sufficient postage to : Wai Ji Christian Service, 9-15, G/F, Tung Hoi House, Tai Hang Tung Estate, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, or by email to : CErecruit@wjcs.org.hk . Please mark on the envelope or in the email title line "Confidential - Application for the post of Chief Executive". Please note Wai Ji Christian Service reserves the right not to fill the post or fill the post by invitation. Recruitment process will continue until the post is filled.
The information supplied will be kept in strict confidential and used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants' personal data will be destroyed within three months after the recruitment procedure is over.
WJCS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER